Kick4Life – Since 2013
Through our partnership with Kick 4 Life we provide uniforms to 25 children. Kick4Life uses the power of sports to help change the lives of vulnerable youth in Lesotho. Their programs include health education and HIV prevention, voluntary HIV testing, life-skills development, mentoring, support towards education & employment, and the chance to enjoy sport.
- Only 71% of boys and 76% of girls are enrolled in primary school
- Only 22% of boys and 36% of girls are enrolled in secondary school.
- Once in secondary school only 26% of boys and 40% of girls enrolled actually attend
- It is estimated that 49% of the population lives below the poverty line
- HIV prevalence is the third highest in the world (23.6%), resulting in over 100,000 orphaned children
- Average years of schooling: 4.8
- More than half of the population is under 24 years of age