Pure Water for the World – Since 2012
Through our partnership with Pure Water for the World, we provide over 2,000 uniforms to children at nine different schools in the Municipality of Trojes, El Paraiso, Honduras.
- Honduras has the highest crime rate in the world; an intentional homicide of 86 per 100,000. In the US it is 4.8 per 100,000
- Only 65% of children are enrolled in secondary school
- School is subsidized by the state until the 5th grade, but many families cannot afford the cost of uniforms and supplies
- Girls are often leave before secondary school to work
- Average years of schooling: 4.8
- 23.8% of children drop out before finishing primary school